Does your teen need their teeth straightened? If so, look no further than Marvel Orthodontics!
Our team specializes in treatments for all age groups including teenagers. We develop a customized plan for each patient to meet their unique needs. With us, the process will be as quick and painless as possible. Best of all, your child will walk away with a confidence-boosting smile!
Speak with our friendly team in Gordon today. We will book your comprehensive consultation to discuss exactly how we can help your teen.
What is Orthodontic Treatment for Teens?
Orthodontic treatment is a specialty of dentistry. It involves diagnosing, preventing, and aligning crooked teeth. It also deals with the correction of misaligned jaws and bite patterns.
We treat patients of all ages. However, teenagers are among the most common orthodontic patients. Teeth move the fastest when the jaws and bones are still growing. This makes teen years the most receptive to change and the best time to have orthodontic treatment.
Signs Your Teen Needs Orthodontic Treatment
If your teen shows any of the following signs, they may benefit from orthodontic treatment:
- Misaligned teeth. This is one of the most obvious signs. Teeth that are crooked or have crowding/spacing issues will benefit from orthodontics.
- Misaligned jaw. Keep an eye out for irregular bites like crossbites, underbites and overbites.
- Their jaw makes noises. A jaw that clicks or pops could be a sign of an irregular bite.
- Certain behaviours. Behaviours like mouth breathing, thumb sucking, or difficulty chewing could indicate underlying orthodontic issues.
Keep in mind that if you suspect your teen needs orthodontic treatment, you should seek out professional advice. Our team of experts are always here to help. We will evaluate their smile and customise a treatment plan for your child. Call us today!
Why Get Orthodontic Treatment?
Many teens find orthodontic treatment exciting but let’s not forget about the many benefits!
Perhaps the most obvious benefit is improved confidence. Your teen will love their new smile and won’t be able to stop showing it off! It will help them be more sure of themselves especially during this self-defining period in life.
Aside from improved confidence, other key benefits include:
- Prevent dental issues later in life. Misaligned teeth or jaws might not be causing problems now. But, if left untreated, they can cause serious issues like chipped front teeth, severe teeth wear, etc., down the line. It’s best to act early and treat them now rather than later!
- Avoid having to get braces as an adult. Teeth tend to move slower as you get older, so the process tends to be much faster and easier when you are still growing.
- Makes it easier to brush and floss. Having straight teeth makes it much easier to maintain good oral hygiene. Thus, treatment can reduce the risk of periodontal disease, cavities and much more.
Plenty of Treatment Options
We have a wide range of orthodontic treatment options here at Marvel Orthodontics to suit your teen’s specific needs, lifestyle, and personal preference. For example, although colourful braces can be exciting for many, some would prefer a more discreet option. Some discreet options we offer include ceramic/clear braces and Invisalign, all of which are barely visible.
Every case is unique so let us help guide you on which option is the best for your child.
When Should My Teen Get Orthodontic Treatment?
There is no “magic age” for receiving orthodontic treatment. But, for teenagers, usually the earlier the better!
Fixing crooked teeth sooner rather than later means a couple of things. For one, it can make the process easier and shorter. It also minimises the damage crooked bite have on the teeth. And of course, your teen can have their dream smile in time for their graduation photos or that new instagram filter!
Booking Your Consultation
Marvel Orthodontics offers the highest-quality treatment in Gordon, New South Wales. Our teams have years of experience dealing with a variety of patients.
Our specialist orthodontist will spend dedicated time with you to work out a plan that best suits you. We will recommend the best appliances for your case so that your treatment is as quick and effective as possible. And, we strive to make our patients feel comfortable and answer any questions/concerns they may have.
Prioritize your teen’s smile by scheduling a comprehensive consultation with us 🙂